IRI FieldShield: data discovery & masking
IRI FieldShield supports the risk and controls framework in corporate and government IT environments by classifying, finding, masking, risk-scoring, and auditing sensitive data in database tables, flat files, and other legacy and modern data sources.
A separately licenced part of the IRI Data Protector Suite, IRI FieldShield quickly and securely obfuscates data at the field level, before it leaves the firewall. IRI FieldShield is used to secure:
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) that reveals someone directly, or in combination with other data.
- Protected Health Information (PHI) that identifies someone from a medical record or a designated data set that was created, used, or disclosed in the course of providing a health care service.
- Payment Card Industry Data (PCI), that credit card payments generate, and is thus subject to hacking, fraud, etc.
- Commercially Confidential Information, such as Intellectual Property, pricing, contracts or other information that may be targets of hacking, etc.
IRI FieldShield encrypts, masks, or otherwise anonymizes this data according to business rules and privacy laws, including PCI/DSS and GDPR.
IRI FieldShield can nullify the effects of data breaches, and reduce the risk of notifiable data breaches as required by the Australian Privacy Act 1988.
Protect Data throughout its Lifecycle
Optionally mask data as you map it. Apply FieldShield functions in IRI Voracity ETL, federation, migration, replication, subsetting, or analytic jobs. Or, run IRI FieldShield from Actifio, Commvault or Windocks to mask DB clones. Retain consistency (deterministic masking) of values across sources.
Find and Fix Data at Risk
Classify PII centrally, find it globally, and mask it automatically. Preserve realism and referential integrity using encryption, pseudonymization, redaction, and other rules for production and test environments.
Comply with Data Privacy Laws
Delete, deliver, or anonymize data subject to PCI, GDPR, CIPSEA, DPA, FERPA, GLBA, HIPAA, POPI, etc. Verify compliance via human- and machine-readable search reports, job audit logs, and re-identification risk scores.
Supported Data Sources
IRI FieldShield protects over 150 modern and legacy data sources, including:
- CSV / Delimited
- Fixed & Fixed Block
- Excel, JSON, LDIF & XML
- Line, Record, Variable Sequential
- Micro Focus Variable Length & ISAM
- Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, MySQL
- Ingres, PostgreSQL, Sybase
- SAP HANA, Snowflake, Teradata
Cloud, Hadoop, NoSQL
- Amazon EMR, RDS, etc.
- Cloudera CDH & Impala
- Eloqua, Hubspot, Marketo & SalesForce
- Hortonworks & MapR HIVE
- MS SQL Azure
- NoSQL (Cassandra & MongoDB)
- Pivotal (Greenplum, HIVE)
- Spark SQL
- C-ISAM Informix
- Datacom & DataFlex
- IDMS & IMS
In addition, IRI CellShield finds and masks data in Excel spreadsheets. IRI DarkShield finds and masks data in unstructured text, email and log files, .pdf documents, MS Word and PowerPoint, along with OCR-ready image files (jpg/2/x. gif, tiff, bmp). A/V files and other unstructured formats pending.