Rev Scheduler is an enterprise job scheduler that enables JDE sites to manage batch jobs/task (e.g end of day, end of month processing) and their dependencies within JD Edwards and other applications, even across multiple hardware platforms.
Rev Scheduler’s time and/or event based batch job processing provides more flexible JDE batch job scheduling, and can also synchronize JD Edwards’ processes with external applications such as BI reporting and EDI tools.
“Rev Scheduler for JD Edwards allows customers to standardize on one software tool to automate and centrally monitor/manage all batch job processes across any platforms”
Rev Scheduler runs natively on your existing JDE batch servers:
- IBM i, iSeries, AS/400 (click here)
Rev Scheduler corrects the scheduling limitations imposed on your business by JDE’s internal job scheduler and platform-specific scheduling tools, such as Windows Scheduler and CRON.
Rev Scheduler JDE job scheduler integration features:
- Enables the automation of JD Edwards batch processing (e.g. day/month end) and reporting.
- No additional hardware required.
- Supports multiple JD Edwards instances and environments.
- Provision of multiple, flexible calendars (e.g. 454, 445) to reflect actual business processes.
- Ability to change month end dates for all jobs through one easy step.
- Provision of event based scheduling as well as traditional time-based submissions.
- Elimination of JDE’s cyclical 24/7 jobs, recovering valuable CPU time.
- GUI and Web interface for secure, centralized visibility of all scheduling activity.
- No limit to number of users or jobs.
Rev Scheduler for JD Edwards will consolidate JDE and other application jobs/scripts into a single JDE job scheduler tool. In addition to JDE, Rev Scheduler will schedule applications running on Windows, IBM i (AS/400), AIX, Linux or Unix.
JDE sites use Rev Scheduler to seamlessly manage cross-application batch job/script dependencies, creating a time and/or event based job scheduling process that reflects their actual business process.
“Example: use Rev Scheduler to ensure a Cognos ETL task is triggered only upon successful completion of the daily JDE sales update task. By using Rev Scheduler to manage the job submission for both applications, BI reports are only generated on the correct data, and no processing time is wasted waiting for jobs that have already finished.”
Rev Scheduler’s client GUI windows interface provides users with visibility of all jobs – JDE and other applications, for all platforms – on one screen. Filters can then be applied to view jobs by application, business unit, server, job status, date range, etc., as desired.
You will see on one centralized screen if an issue occurs with any job, on any server. In addition, a message is generated which can be emailed to notify appropriate staff. Access to error logs is as simple as a right click and view/pdf.
The GUI interface also provides excellent productivity tools, such as pdf documentation of job definitions, run sheets, error logs, history logs – even Gantt charts and flow diagrams for schedule planning.
To request an evaluation copy of the Rev Scheduler for JDE, simply Contact Kantion Here.
To watch more Rev Scheduler videos, subscribe to the Kantion YouTube Channel!